Note: these awards are different from the 2020 PhD Awards, which nominations are currently open. We know, that’s a lot of awards and it can get a little confusing but bear with us.
At the end of June and in mid-July, the Students’ Union held its Loughborough Recognition Awards and Loughborough Experience Awards ceremonies online, and we were pleased to see so many of our Doctoral Researchers (DRs) being nominated and winning awards for their contribution to the Loughborough student life and to the local community.
It’s great to see passionate Doctoral Researchers taking time off their very busy schedules to help others and contribute to making their Loughborough experience memorable.
So, let’s please all celebrate our DR winners:
Loughborough Recognition Awards
- Michael Harry from the Design School and host of the Delight Show won the LCR Volunteer of the Year Award
LSU Welfare & Diversity
- Chris McLeod, from SSESH won the Welfare & Diversity Lifetime’s Achievement Award
- Action Soup Kitchen’s project leaders, one of which is Liam Baddeley from Maths, won the Mayor of Charnwood Award
- The Action International section, which Rieman Rudra from the School of Business and Economics and outgoing Doctoral Researcher Vice-President and Tymele Deydier from Chemical Engineering were part of, won the Action’s Team of the Year Award
- Culture in the Community, a project led by three students including Tymele Deydier from Chemical Engineering, won the Action Project of the Year Award
- Daisy Tipping from Social & Policy Studies and Tymele Deydier from Chemical Engineering both won an Academic Representation Award
But let’s not forget about our DRs who were shortlisted for the awards:
Loughborough Experience Awards:
- Nicholas Johnson from the Design School was nominated for an Individual Loughborough Experience Award
Loughborough Recognition Awards:
- Action BACA, a project led by Rieman Rudra from the School of Business and Economics and outgoing Doctoral Researcher Vice-President, was nominated for the Most Improved Project of the Year Award
- Tymele Deydier, from Chemical Engineering was nominated for the Mayor of Charnwood Award
- Action Soup Kitchen, a project led by two students, including Liam Baddeley from Maths, was nominated for the Project of the Year Award
LSU Education – Academic Representation Awards
- Nathan Ritchie from the School of Social Sciences and Humanities (Communication and Media)
- Vani Naik from the School of Business and Economics
- Kristina Gavran from the School of Social Sciences and Humanities (English)
- Tony Tian from Chemical Engineering
- Nicholas Johnson from the Design School was shortlisted for his outstanding contribution to the Loughborough Enterprise Network, having sat on the Enterprise committee
We just wanted to take some time to congratulate everyone on your nomination and awards! We know that none of you did it for the fame or to get an award, but we wanted to recognise your achievements, implication and passion. It made us really proud to see so many of you being recognised by the LSU, which can too easily forget about the DR community.
If we’ve forgotten anyone, please do let us know!
Latest posts by Tymele Deydier (see all)
- #BLOG – BOOKS TO READ – PART 3 - 23rd August 2020
- #BLOG Loughborough Doctoral Researchers’ contribution to the local and student communities - 5th August 2020
- #BLOG Loughborough Doctoral Researchers’ Morning Routine - 18th July 2020